I ran out of laundry detergent yesterday, so whipped up this batch this morning. It took me under 5 minutes, and I don’t even know how much it cost, because it cost so little – and best part, it is 100% zero waste! This recipe can also be easily doubled, tripled, halved, etc.
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of borax
- 1 bar of soap – grated
- 10-20 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix very well.
- Store in a glass jar (with essential oils, it is best to store them in glass, not plastic)
- Use ~1 tbsp per load of laundry
And there you have it – a cheap, easy, zero waste laundry detergent!
Happy washing clothes 🙂
All throughout the news, and in my classes, the majority of the narratives we learn about are negative – ocean acidification, deforestation, biodiversity loss, coral bleaching, plastic pollution, the list goes on and on. Some days I ask myself “What’s the point? Why do anything if we are all f@cked anyway?” Well there is a point, there is hope, and we need to keep fighting the good fight and remind ourselves of the success stories and the positivity.
Latest posts by Kate (see all)
- Freezie/Popsicle Alternatives - June 17, 2017
- Happy Belated Oceans Day – 3 ways you can help the oceans - June 12, 2017
- Vegan Breakfasts - June 7, 2017